These socks were knitted with yarn odds and ends and from a free pattern, which makes them essentially free.
The blue DK yarn is a blend of 60% acrylic, 20% nylon and 20% alpaca and the grey is a mystery yarn. But probably acrylic. I ran out with just a few rows to go so switched to another leftover acrylic yarn to finish off the right toe. The right toe ended up being a tad bit wide.The third yarn was a heavier weight and I reached the appropriate sock length before I had decreased enough stitches. But that just adds to the story of the socks!
The free pattern was a Revelry find under the name Hermione’s Everyday Socks, that I’d bookmarked a while back. It was a pretty easy one to follow and you end up with a subtle waffle pattern. Being able to see what other people had done with the pattern made me want to try something new to me by combining 2 colours together. This project has got me back into a knitting phase and I’ve got a small hoard of yarn still – so I’m not joking when I say I’ve started working on Christmas presents already.